Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Internship

At last I am updating about my internship. I'm at the People's Republic of Animation in Adelaide and loving it so far.

What I want to learn here is;
  • How animation studios run
  • How projects are organised in a studio
  • How well my work stands up in a proffesional setting
  • Views held by people in the industry about animation

I'm working on a 2D project and so far I'm doing clean-up and colouring along with another intern. We're cleaning up and colouring in Photoshop, which is something that I haven't done before. I like it, it's helping me to think of more possibilities when it comes to my own work.

Apparently it was hard for them to find 2D animators for this project. I've been told that there are a lot of 3D animators out there at the moment, but not as many 2D animators. As a 2D animator I found this pretty interesting.

Not too much to say so far other than I'm enjoying the work and learning a lot. I can also stay for another week, which is great. It must mean that I'm not totally awful. Huzzah!

No comments: