Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Wordy Update With No Pictures

James Calvert from The People's Republic of Animation http://www.thepra.com.au/ came in today to give us a lecture and have consultations with people about their films. I liked the lecture, very interesting and we got to watch animations. Yaaay. Including The Cat Piano http://www.catpianofilm.com/, which I've been wanting to see for a while now. SO GOOD.

So he liked my stuff, which was good, and gave me good advice, like to cut down the dancing bits. I was going to play with it anyway, I just kinda plonked it in so that I could do the animatic, but yeah, it needs to be shorter and he also said that I should cut in close ups and stuff and I think that's a good idea.

I also think that the first bit, where she's playing her music, should be longer. Hhhm, I should time that out again. Okay, I shall! Expect a refreshed animatic (only in the sense that I will slow down that part, I am too busy to do much else at the moment), some time next week.

Recording actors on Tuesday, yay, so I can add voices to my animatic as well. Yay. I particularly like the girl I chose for Viola, she's really nice and it was a close call between her and another girl, but I think that the one I chose reads with more expression and reads with the expression where I want it, if that makes sense. Anyway, I like her. And Alex Waller very kindly agreed to help me out with sound, so cakes all round! No, I'm serious, I'm going to give them all cupcakes instead of money. :D

No comments: