Monday, May 11, 2009

Many things, MUSIC!

Big post today, exciting post, many things to report.

First and foremost, MUSIC. I have music now, which is such a relief and incredibly exciting because I can use music from the band that I really, really wanted. And that band is the amazing Fourplay, a string quartet from Sydney with an amazing sound. Go go go to their site and check them out, they're amazing: http://www.fourplay.com.au/ So yes, I can use some of their music in return for art, which is in itself also very awesome.



Next to report, actors. I posted a casting call on eCaster and the next time I got on the computer I had about eight replies. and they're still coming. Excellent. So now I am holding auditions this Friday and next Tuesday, which should be fun.

The animatic is coming along, once I have picked some music I can actually start choreographing the dancey bits. At the moment that place is filled with the words, 'They Dance!'

Backgrounds. Something that I am not so good at, so I will be getting Andrew to help me out. So, I went through the animatic and figured out what backgrounds I need for Act One.

So here is BG 1

BG2


BG 3 is just wallpaper for head shots.


BG 4

BG 5
BG 6

BG7

BG8 - Close up of BG 6, where the floor meets the wall.

So, I should get started on those...blah.

Oh yes and here is my design for the wallpaper. The top one is just the ink, the bottom one I used LiveTrace in Illustrator (my favourite tool) to smooth it out.



So yes, lots of news for today, hope you all (all five of you) enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Peter Hollo said...

Hey Lex,
We're from Sydney actually :P

I note that Jordan has gotten back to you - good!
Cheers,
Peter

Lexidoodle! said...

Duuuuuh, go me. XD I'll go fix that.

sparky said...

awesome...
Fourplay are da bomb! they did the music for one of my other student projects a number of years back called "Buckethead" by Dan Hartney. Was a fab little film and did a lot of international travelling - thanks to the music (and the brilliant animator of course ;_)
Great news!